Monday, May 14, 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards



Oh My GAWD!!! I can't believe I've been tagged for a Thinking Blogger Award. I'm completely shocked and honored, that my little blog was considered for a Thinking Blogger Award. WOW!!! The person that tagged me is my best friend Melissa and even though she is my friend I know that she wouldn't bestow such an honor if she really didn't think I deserved it. Thanks Misa, if it wasn't for your blog and for your help I would never have started my own and now that I have I am addicted to coming up with new and funny things to write about.

I only just started writing a few months ago, but it seems that I have a small but loyal following and I'm completely in awe when I see my stat counter go up each day, and not just because friends and family check out my blog, but people like Othejoys and My Tiny Kingdom have come by and read what is going on in my life. But wait, they actually come back and see again what is going on. That makes me feel special because they are celebrities in the blogger world.

So I guess it is my turn now to bestow this honor on 5 people/blogs that I love to read daily, some you may have heard about, some might be new to you, and the winners are:

Single Life As I Know It: This blog is written by Girlie Monkey, it is an anonymous blog, but she is witty and funny and if you are wondering what a single girl is up to then you should check her out and live through her single days as a girl trying to find her way.

Cheaper Than Therapy: This blog is written by Ali M, a woman, a mother, a wife and if she goes to Blogher this year quite possibly a new friend, that describes herself as part Georgia Peach part Midwest Cheesehead part Canuck (need she say more). She has great photos and videos of her kids and what it is like to raise them, plus she has a Thursday Thirteen which is quite an eclectic list of things she loves. Each week you'll see something different, and most of the time I can completely agree or relate to her list. Oh and she is a huge Grey's Anatomy fan so she can't be all bad right? So go to our neighbors in the North and see what's up with Ali and her family.

My Bandwagon Lanyard: This is written by Cairde who lives in MA, this too is an anonymous blog but she found me from one of my comments (I think) from a blog I read daily and she is now a faithful reader and commenter which I love.(thank you Cairde) So I started to read her blog and I must say that I am glad she found me, because her writing is very smart and you really can feel what she is going through. She is just trying to find herself in this thing called life and trying to learn from the things she has experienced so far. Life can be tough sometimes, but she is going at it one day at a time with the right attitude. Stop by and leave a comment, tell her I sent you to her, I'm sure she will return the favor.

Madness: tales of an emergency room nurse: This is written by GirlVet a veteran ER nurse in the inner city (which city she doesn't say). I have a few medical blogs I read, probably because I have been in the hospital enough times during my illness that I have a high respect for nurses more so then the doctors sometimes especially ones that have to deal with all different kinds of people like in the ER. She tells it like it is and she doesn't sugar coat anything which I like. She is a voice for all RNs and what the ER staff go through daily. If you want to know what it is like to be in the trenches of ER medicine then you should definitely stop by this blog, you will be shocked and you be appalled sometimes what the staff have to go through with all of the bureaucracy and BS that they deal with each day. Plus you will read stories about patients some will break your heart and others will make your blood boil.

Adventures in Juggling: This blog is written by Laura, a wife, a NICU RN, and a mother of 5 one with special needs. She writes beautifully about her day to day, her family, her work and just the things that are going on in her life. She is a true inspiration and is also witty, funny and thoughtful. You should definitely check out Laura's blog and see how she is the "master juggler under the big top" of life. You go Laura thanks for letting us be a part of your life and family.

If you have been tagged as a Thinking Blogger you should:

~Tag five people that You consider Thinking Bloggers and bestow this award upon them.

~Link back to this post so that people can see where your award came from.

~Proudly display the Thinking Blogger in silver or gold on your blog for all to see. Or not. It's up to you.

I just want to say thank you again to Melissa for thinking of me as a "Thinking Blogger" I don't know what you consider thinking blogs or posts but I am happy to make anyone go, hmmmm that was interesting, or make someone smile for the day.


1 Comment:

Cairde said...

Thanks a ton for the kind words about my blog, I really appreciate it! I love reading your posts as well, always an entertaining read. Keep it up!