Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Little Things that Make me Happy

It doesn't take much to make me happy and I've tried to explain that to men I've dated in the past but for some reason I'm considered high maintenance but then I started to think about it and realized it wasn't me it was the men I've dated, they just weren't interested in making someone else happy just what makes them happy.

Now I'm not saying all of them have been that way, I've dated some really great guys but for whatever reason it just didn't work out. Sometimes it was me, sometimes it was them, but when it comes to making me happy it's easy.

Like this past weekend, it was the long weekend and I was able to get my shift covered from the restaurant on Saturday (they were supposed to take me off Saturdays but the manager "forgot" so it was my problem), then I was able to leave at 8pm on Friday from there instead of 11:30, so that meant I really got a long weekend to just relax.

My mom (whom I live with right now) went to Finland on Saturday which means I have the whole apartment to myself and guess what, I did absolutely nothing but enjoyed my alone time. I cleaned a bit but mostly I just enjoyed not having to talk to anyone, and if you know me at all, not talking is a very rare occurrence.

I went to my father's house on Sunday for a BBQ because he was leaving for Greece on Monday (I know both parents going to Europe, my father's girlfriend joked that they were having a secret rendezvous in Europe HA HA UH NO!!!)

The weather was beautiful all weekend, I slept in, took naps, baked brownies, I sat on my porch and I just relaxed, I so needed that.

Today I'm back at work but it is still beautiful out and had the opportunity to go outside for a bit, I had to go to the bank and then pick up our lunch. We go to this sub shop that serves really great subs, their small is what most consider a large and their large is just HUGE!!! Well I like going in there especially at lunch time, because all these men who I guess you would consider blue collar, men who work with their hands eat there. I have to say it Oh that is SOOO my type of guy. I have never been able to be with a guy whose hands are softer then mine. I like a man who has work hands, rough and calloused, I know I'm weird, but its sexy to see a man work hard and get dirty from that work.

Another thing that made me happy today was a CD I had that was a bit warped wouldn't play in my car or stereo anymore and I was upset because it is not a CD I can get from a store, it was from a DJ friend I knew if FL and it has one of my favorite songs/remixes on it. So I tried it on my computer at work (I know bad bad girl, I should be working) and guess what it worked no problem so I uploaded it and am going to burn it onto a new CD so I can have it again.

Little things make me happy, quiet time, good looking men to look at, fixing a CD, and just someone asking, "how was your weekend" and actually interested in what my reply is.

Doesn't take much I tell you, and it's only Tuesday.

1 Comment:

Cairde said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend of relaxation. We don't take enough of those chances. I have been told I am pretty easy to please as well, just be kind, let me be outside as much as possible and let me laugh...and I am happy. When my boyfriend first wanted to make me a nice dinner, I told him I would be happy with water and peanuts. I got to his house and what was on the table, a bottle of water and a container of honey-roasted peanuts. (I did get a nice fish dinner to follow). He still teases me about that today. :-)