Friday, May 4, 2007

My inner head banger was trying to come out today

I woke up this morning and what a beautiful day it was, we finally have had more then 10 minutes of sun here. Thank GOD!

I get dressed in brown slacks, and a light lime green sweater, my hair was behaving, nice and curly and I just bought a couple of new head bands so I decided to wear one today.





What do you think? Not bad, I thought I looked cute, almost sweet like.

But...

inside I felt like this.



My inner head banger was trying to come out. I get in the car, turn on my MP3 player and start scanning through the songs. I put on a song, and no not in the mood to hear that one. So then I try another one, different genre still not right. Then I remember I have the whole CD for Appetite for Destruction by Guns-n-Roses (for those of you that didn't know)on my MP3 player, so I switch it to the category Artists, find GNR and hit play. The first song that came on was It's so Easy. Then I think was My Michelle, but then my all time favorite GNR song comes on, Mr. Brownstone. Not a song that was ever put out as a single it might have been on the B side, but I don't know.

I absolutely love this song, right from the beginning with the drum beats and guitar intro, this song is about drugs, herione to be exact, and it is very entrancing, almost tribal like. And to hear Axl Rose sing it, and if you know anything about GNR they were notorious heroine addicts back then. I just love the beat, the rhythm and the lyrics.

Anyway, so I'm driving down the freeway and my head is just going up and down, (mini head banging), my hands are playing the drums on the steering wheel and I'm just singing at the top of my lungs, (the only place I sing, cuz I so cannot sing).

So I'm driving and I'm just rocking out, and then I think to myself, "if anyone next to me is looking at me, they might think I'm having a seizure, or I'm having some weird spasm".

Okay maybe I didn't look that bad, but I'm sure I looked funny, odd and just plain scary to the car next to me.

"Mom, mom look that lady over there is having a seizure, should we call 911?"

"No son, she's just got the head banger syndrome, she'll be okay, but why don't we slow down a bit so she can go ahead of us?"

I have to say, it was a good commute this morning!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, feel free to my site.

http://fortunestory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love days like that?

Cairde said...

Been there, done that. I did realize one morning as I was jammin' that tapping one's right foot while driving distracts the drivers in front and behind you. Must learn to tap with my left foot! LOL