Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chocolate Cream Pie, a Movie & a Friend

Last night I was still in a bit of a funk, I just have so much going on inside my head (the voices keep trying to take over, okay just kidding, or am I oh those damn voices LOL).

But I called my friend Melissa and she could tell just by my "Hi" in that blah sort of way that something was wrong. I told her, "I don't know I'm just stressed and I just feel blah. Do you have any plans later, I don't want to just go home and lie in bed watching TV and feeling sorry for myself, but I really don't have any money."

"Well what do you want to do?" she asked

"I don't' know, maybe get something to eat, or I don't know." Can you tell I really was just not myself?

"Well I have to go over Hoo-hoo's tonight to hook up his computer to the TV, but after I'm free."

"Okay, well call me later and we'll figure something out. Thanks."

"Okay bye."

I finish the rest of the day and still feel blah, I hate it when I get like this, it just makes me feel worse, because I am a very lucky person and I have been through so much worse then what I'm going through inside right now so then of course I feel even worse for feeling bad about such trivial stuff. But I'm a complex person inside and I have a tendency to over dramatize and over think things so you can imagine the inner turmoil I was having with myself.

People laugh at me (or with me, no probably at me) because I talk to myself a lot, not like conversations with the air, or a voice, but I'll just think out loud, when I first met my ex Devon (boy that's a story for another time), and he moved in with me, I would be in the bedroom watching TV and he'd be in the living room watching TV and I had been living by myself for a while and I would just talk to the TV like they could hear me. "What are you stupid, he's right behind you?" or "No no ack I can't believe they are doing this to me." (some storyline I didn't like) and he'd yell, "What are you saying to me?"

"Nothing honey, I'm talking to the TV."

"You're talking to the TV?"

"I know but you should know by now that I can't keep quiet."

It took Devon awhile to get used to me mumbling to myself but after awhile he figured out when I was "thinking" out loud or talking to him.

Back to last night, so I'm on my way home and Melissa calls me and says, "I don't have to go to Hoo hoo's house you want to see a movie?"

"Sure what's playing?"

We go through all the movies that are playing around us and nothing really seemed all that appealing or were too late. So I said, "Why don't you call me when you get home, I have a Netflix movie at home, you can come over and we can watch that if you want?"

"Okay that sounds good, I'll call you in a bit."

I get home and get the mail and see a letter addressed from Dr Wang (the doctor that did my root canal), and I think to myself, "great what did the insurance not pay for this time that I'm going to have to pay." But when I opened the letter there was a check in there for $91.00 I guess the insurance paid more then expected so I got a reimbursement from my co-pay. WOO HOO!!! I was jumping for joy, my biggest funk all week has been that I'm broke and that I keep getting more and more medical bills because my last insurance company FUCKED me in the ass big time (sorry to be so crude but they did oh did they ever).

It just made me feel like maybe things were going to be okay, then Melissa calls and says, "how about I stop at Stop-n-shop and get some salad bar stuff and I'll be over?"

I say, "that sounds like a plan, I have some left-overs from my fathers house that Katerina made and its good, we can heat that up and watch TV or a movie."

Melissa comes over, with not just salad bar food, but a movie and a Chocolate Cream Pie. That girl sure knows how to make me feel better.

We eat, watch 2 Brothers and a Wife (also named A Foreign Affair, a weird movie, she got it from the bin at Stop-n-Shop) and just relax. Sometimes all you need to make you feel better is a good friend, a weird movie and Chocolate Cream Pie. Thanks Melissa you really made me feel a lot better, the check helped but you were really the reason I feel better today. Its good to have friends that know you so well and can tell when you just need a little Pie and company.

3 Comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Huge good friend points to misagracie!

Misa Gracie said...

Aw Shucks! I had a good time too - and I ate pie too - and almost overslept this morning... OOPS!

Anonymous said...

I have similar days that I feel blah. It isn't depression and such. Good thing you could call Melissa!