Monday, June 11, 2007

The Weekend & The Favor

The Weekend:
I had a fantastic weekend, not only did I meet Joel, but Melissa and I went to a graduation party for a friends two sons where we met Maria who was so sweet and nice that we started to chat. Maria said that we reminded her of her bestfriend Andrea and herself (just how Melissa and I are together) well we had such a nice time with Maria we invited her to come play trivia with us at my restaurant later that night. Maria came with her friend Andrea and we just had a blast together, it was a fun girls night out.

It was funny how much we had in common with Maria and Andrea, they have been best friends for over 20 years, Melissa and I have been for about 18 years, Andrea is married to a Morrocan, Melissa is married to an Algerian. Maria and I are single but want to meet someone (we might go together to speed dating, oh what a post that will be I'm sure). Maria and Melissa both love country and Andrea and I so do not. There was so much more but no need to go on. We talked and giggled like we had known each other forever, there were no filters on so anything and everything was said and we just had fun.

You know I have to say this weekend was probably the best weekend I've had in months, and I really needed it. I think we are all going to the Opie and Anthony comedy festival in July, I'm really excited about this show, there are some seriously funny comics going to be there. Carlos Mencia, Bob Saget, Jimmy Norton, Patrice O'Neal and others. I love stand up comedics last one I saw was Bill Engval in Ft. Lauderdale at a charity event.

Either way I really hope that we get to hang out with Maria and Andrea again and that we become friends, it is always nice to meet new and interesting people that you can have fun with.

The Favor:
A while back I had mentioned a favor that a friend of mine needed from me, well today I am helping him out with said favor. Should be an interesting night, will let you know what happens tomorrow.

To be continued...

2 Comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Wow! You really did have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Do you know that you have to send a pic of yourself to the Mencia show before they will let you get tickets. He's funny but I wonder what all thatis about???