Monday, June 25, 2007

Keys & Superman

What a crazy weekend this has been, it was both good and bad. Friday night was my last Friday working at the restaurant and I'm very excited to have my weekends off. I have been working 8:30am - 11pm (or so) every Friday night since end of January and it was starting to get to me. But now I have switched my Friday night for Monday night YEAH!!! So maybe I'll actually do some fun things on Friday nights, we'll see.

When I finally got home on Friday it was close to midnight and I was tired, but I was excited too because Melissa and I decided to go to Six Flags on Saturday to ride some roller coaters. Also, I was going for my second walk with the walking group from Weight Watchers and we were going to a new place near a river. I set my alarm for 7-7:30am and tried to get to sleep, but lately I just haven't been sleeping well, okay well actually I never sleep well, but lately it is worse. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with sever anxiety. It is the worse feeling to try to sleep while having an anxiety attack (I even dream about my anxiety not fun). My alarm wakes me up way to early and I get ready for the walk, we meet at Cosco and then start to walk to the park. We thought it was close by but no, Stephen forgot to mention it was a 30 minute walk to the park from Cosco on Rt 16 which is a major street. Not so much fun that walk but next time we will meet a little closer, we had thought it was the park next to Costco. Oh well we still got to walk so what if we were walking and breathing in truck fumes. LOL.

We get back to the Costco parking lot and my mother says, "I need to pick up my pictures from Cosco."

"Okay I'll wait for you here."

"No, I want you to come in and try on this shirt."

"But I have plans and I'm tired and I want to go home and relax a bit before I get ready to go to Six Flag."

"It will only take a second and I don't know if it will fit."

"Fine." I say, with a not so friendly tone.

We get the pictures and then walk to where they have some shirts (I don't normally buy my clothes from Costco but they have cute shirts with prints sometimes). I put down my keys on a pile of shirts and try the shirt on (over my other shirt), nope doesn't fit. Which I knew because the shirts there are always too small. I pick up my keys (or so I thought) and walk to where all these cute tee shirts are, now at this point I don't remember if I had my keys or not (you see where this is going don't you). We get some storage bags, and head to the check out line. Pay for the bags and as we are leaving I say, "Mom, do you have my keys?"

"No" she replies

"Fuck!"

"I'll go and look where did you leave them?" she asks

"I left them by the tee shirts I remember putting them down but I don't remember if I picked them up for some reason I thought you had them."

My mom goes back to look for them, about 5-10 minutes later she comes out with this look on her face. "Did you find them?" I ask

"NO"

"Fuck, fuck I'll go look."

I retrace my steps, and search, search and search nothing. I looked through the clothes, I asked the woman there, nope, I ask the guys at the Verizon Wireless kiosk, nope, I go up to customer service and returns nope. Oh and my keys are NOT small they are not that easy to lose.


"FUCK FUCK DOUBLE FUCK!!"

So now I'm fuming absolutely fuming, I'm pissed at myself, I'm pissed at my mom, I'm pissed at Cosco because they don't have an intercom system. I'm tired, I'm cranky and my mom doesn't have her keys so we have no way of getting in the house unless I crawl through the window if the landlord isn't home. (He lives above).

The guy at the customer service desk was really nice though he helped me look again and then let me use a phone to call Melissa to see if she could pick us up so I can get my extra set of keys for the car (thank god I have them). She picks us up and as we are turning into the driveway we do a little prayer that our landlords van is there YEAH they are home. He unlocks our door I run in grab my key and Melissa drives me back to Cosco. I run in just to see if they found them, nope.

I tell Melissa "I know we are running late now but I still want to go to Six Flags, I'll run home shower really quick and we can leave." Melissa says not to worry and we will have a blast. I get home, shower, change and off we go.

It is about a 2 hour drive and we are just talking and laughing and I'm already feeling better. I was thoroughly convinced that someone had saw my keys and either hid them or took them just to be mean. Unfortunately there are people out there that would do that just to be "funny and mean". I have a tendency when I'm mad to think irrationally and I know this but at that moment I don't care.

We get to Six Flags and go in and grab a map and plan out what we are to going ride first. We figured since it is later then we expected to be there, we would skip the water park and just do the rides. We start off with Flashback, the line wasn't too bad and let me tell you the ride released all the aggravation from earlier, with one zoom, poof it was gone.


What an adrenaline rush, I absolutely love that feeling.

After the Flashback we went on Blizzard River, Cyclops, had some lunch and kept going on more rides. It was funny because after each ride (that was fast and thrilling) I kept saying, "I'm hungry." I don't know if it was the adrenaline or what, but I wouldn't be hungry before and then zoom I was. I didn't eat too badly though. The day went by fast, the lines weren't too bad, and we finished the day with the best ride. Superman Ride of Steel. Oh my GAWD!!! What a ride. It was fast, and tall and long. It rocked!!!!


We had a great time and we didn't get to ride on all of the rides, we missed Batman, Scream and some other cool ones, plus we still need to go back for the water park. They have some awesome water slides, so what did we do, we got a season pass. I'm hoping we get back there again soon. I know I definitely want to take my brothers and sisters. What a great day to end such a crummy beginning.

Sunday I relaxed, layed out for a bit and then got the call from Costco, they found my keys YEAH!!! I went and got them, and have never been so happy to see them.

1 Comment:

Cairde said...

Quite the adventurous weekend, it's great to have friends who take your mind off a crappy situation. You are far braver than I, NO WAY do I go on those rides. My one time at 6 Flags, I went down one water slide, hurt my back severly and couldn't walk or stand for a week. :(