Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Sexiest Musicians

This weeks Thursday Thirteen is dedicated to Melissa who gave me the idea because I didn't know what I was going to write about. This weeks list is going to be the sexiest musicians out there. Now these are the ones that I think are sexy some of you might agree and some might not. I haven't decided if I want to just leave it all men because there are some sexy women musicians out there too but I think I'll do just the men this week. Hee hee I said DO.

1) Nikki Sixx - Motley Crue Bassist

I love Nikki Sixx I have loved him and thought he was HOT HOT HOT since at least 7th grade. We used to know this kid Vince who I swear looked and dressed just like him. I remember one time Vince was at the mall and we were all in the food court and he had this girl sitting on his lap and well lets just say she wasn't just sitting... such a rock-n-roll thing to do. But this is about Nikki not Vince, Nikki Sixx OD on heroin and was revived with 2 shots of adrenaline straight into his heart, woke up, checked himself out of the hospital and shot up heroin again. Crazy rock-n-roll life, I couldn't even imagine such a thing and it is really gross, he will be 50 next year and he is still sexy to me (w/o the drugs of course).

2) Jason Newstead - Ex-bassist for Metalicca, now with Rockstar: Supernova

I've seen Metallica in concert 3 times, the first concert was the best. 1992 Section B (on the floor) 2nd row. I went with my friend Jennifer and some other friends, we were so close to the stage that when I sat down for a minute I still could see everything. Caught Jason's pick that night. The 2nd time I saw them was 1994 and I was headbanging so much that the next morning I think I gave myself whiplash because I could not lift my head up without help. The last time I saw them was in 2000 not the greatest concert and it was the last year (I think) that Jason played with them. But now he is with Rockstar: Supernova and though the lead singer I wanted didn't win I will still see them in concert.

3) Slash - Ex-guitarist for Guns-n-Roses, now with Velvet Revolver

I never got to see Guns-n-Roses play live, too many issues with Axl Rose, but I did get to see Velvet Revolver live about 2 years ago. The concert itself was pretty good only problem was the sound system wasn't right for the small venue they were playing at. But you could hear Slash and he was awesome. There is something that I find so sexy about him, even with all his muck when he smiled he just made my knees week. (Of course I never met the man so this was only in interviews and pictures). I have a dream to someday be able to play Sweet Child of Mine on the guitar I know I have to learn to play the guitar first, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking more and more about taking lessons.

4) Jim Morrison - The Doors

Oh how I would've been a Doors groupie specifically for Jim Morrison, he was the Lizard King and he was sexy. I have read many books on them, I have one or two of his poetry books, I have watched movies, documentaries and anything else I can absorb about The Doors. I love their blues influenced music, I love the way their music mesmerizes you and the way Jim sings is enthralling. He died too young, I hope to visit Paris to see his grave, I know that people have vandalized it and it is guarded now, oh and I'm one of those people that thought he was capable of faking his own death. I'm not saying that is what happened, but he really wanted to get out of the lime light to give it all up, he considered himself a poet not a rock star.

5) Billy Idol

My favorite song by Billy Idol has to be Rebel Yell, I love the way he sings, I love the way he curls his lip and it is not a curl like Elvis did. Billy's lip curl is more of a growl, like he's going to bite you. I'd let Billy bite me, he also has a smile that will weaken your knees, maybe it's the lips that do it for me. Though he is in his 50s now he still can rock like any young rock star out there. GO BILLY!!!




6) Chris Daughtry - Daughtry

Though he started on American Idol and is new to the scene he is someone that I think will be around for a long while. He has an amazing voice and a great presence. I love his music and hope to see him in concert sometime, also, the cover he did of U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday is just amazing. I also hear that he is still very much grounded and that he includes his band mates in everything. It isn't his band it is our band, pretty cool Chris, hope that stays with you.


7) Anthony Kiedis - Red Hot Chili Peppers

There is something mystical about Anthony Kiedis, how he sings, how he writes, how he moves. I love his tattoos and though he has been up and down with his drug use, he always seems to find his way back, and you can't beat a guy that can put a tube sock on his (rhymes with sock) and it stays on. OMG!!! That is impressive, and let me tell you if I had been front row of that concert it would've been hard to not to try to pull that sock. LOL.



8) David Silveria - Drummer for Korn

I have heard that he isn't playing with them as much as he used to because he is trying to spend some time with his family and other ventures outside of Korn. Also, I remember reading that he was having problems with his wrists but I'm not sure if that is still the case. He is planning on coming back for the new album and some touring, either way I still think he is one sexy drummer, he might not be the best drummer out there, but damn he's fine.



9) Jon Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi

Jon Bon Jovi, I really don't need to say much about him, there isn't any women I know that doesn't think he is good looking, that smile, that body, that hair. He also just seems to get better looking with age. He's been married to his high school sweetheart for almost 20 years, and that just melts my heart. I've heard he is also really nice in person and really gives back whenever he can to his community and around the world. I saw Bon Jovi in concert twice once in (oh gosh this makes me feel old) 1988 and then again in 1989. Great concert, hope to see them again.

10) LL Cool J

Now this is a smile that will not only weaken your knees but will pretty much make you go gaga. Oh MY GAWD he makes me drool. That body, that smile, those lips, and you know not only is he a great musician, he's not bad in the acting department either. I've seen quite a few of his movies and he usually plays the good guy and I like that. He too has been married to the same women for a long time and still makes sure he has time for his family. GOOD GUY!!


11) Lenny Kravitz

You know I'm starting to see a pattern, another man with luscious lips, I think I have something for lips, I always knew I liked a nice butt, but a sweet pair of lips isn't so bad either. LOL. Lenny looks so much better now that he's cut off the dreadlocks. I saw Lenny in concert and I have to say, he is one of the few musicians that I've seen live that actually sounded better live then on CD. He puts on an amazing show and knows how to rock.



12) Bret Michaels - Poison

Melissa and I saw Poison in concert in 2000 and it was hysterical don't get me wrong the music and show were awesome, it was Dokken, Slaughter, some other band I can't remember now and Poison were the headliners. What was hysterical were the audience I don't know if it was just nostalgia or if these people still really dressed like that. It was acid washed jeans, aqua net sprayed teased tall hair, and I swear to GOD leather jacket with fringe oh and fringed boots. We laughed so hard, it was great. Oh did you hear, Bret Michaels is doing a show on VH1 called Rock of Love, its basically the same as Flavor of Love but now it's with Bret. Oh Bret why?

13) Joey Fatone - N'sync

I already know I am going to get so much crap for this one but I don't care. I love Joey Fatone, always have and always will, he is on my list (top of the list). He is just the exact type of guy I like, I actually dated a guy that looked a lot like him (before I knew who Joey was) maybe that is why I like him so much. I watched pretty much every episode of Dancing with the Stars this year because he was on it. I even wanted to go see the tour but it is completely sold out, I was thinking of going down to stalk him but I am a bit old for that now right? Oh well, he just seems like he is fun, and silly and he's so talented, most don't know but he has been doing Broadway for a while now and has gotten great reviews. So pick on me all you want he is my FAVORITE!

Well that's it hope you liked it, and please tell me who some of your favorites are.

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some Jon Bon Jovi and LL Cool J :) Great list!

mistihollrah said...

Jon Bon Jovi, oh my, loved him when I was a teenager and I still love him as an adult! My, oh, my!

You have some hotties listed!

My TT is posted...

Anonymous said...

You are right on with Jon Bon Jovi and I like Joey Fatone too. I so wanted him to win on Dancing, I think he was the best. Great TT. Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Great list...I am thinking I would add Harry Connick Jr - not a rocker but an artist for sure!!! he's got some lips and hair that make me swooney like a 12 yr old! lol

OhTheJoys said...

Girrrrrrrrl, you like 'em rough, ripped and DIRTY, dontcha?!!

Scribbit said...

I agree with the Harrick Connick Jr. comment. He's funny too.

Meg said...

Ok. I'm gonna skip over the whole Joey part and go straight for the "HELLO LL Cool J and Bon Jovi". Yum.... thanks for makin me drool over here. :o)

Karina said...

GREAT LIST!!! Jon Bon Jovi, LL Cool J, Bret Michaels, Lenny Kravitz, Chris Daughtry...YUM!!!

But Joey Fatone? Really? lol

Hey, we've all got our "guilty pleasures" right?

Thanks for visiting my TT...I like your blog, I'll be back!

Unknown said...

I'm old enough to have seen Jim Morrison in person - and yes he was..and when I was in Paris a couple of summers ago I made a pilgrmadge to his grave!
Thanks for stopping by my blog

Stephanie Secrest said...

Wow! I *love* your TT! :) Learned some things I didn't know about your guys. :)

I think, out of your list, I'll go with Jon Bon Jovi, as he looks now compared to the 80's days. :) And, yeah, when I was out in Philly visiting my fiance, we caught a special on TV about how Jon Bon Jovi is saving North Philadelphia with a nun. They've got some organization there where they're rehabbing homes for poor/homeless people. Though I kept watching it thinking, "Ummm, you're from New Jersey. Shouldn't you be helping New Jersey?" To which the fiance said, "New Jersey is beyond help."

You don't even want to know who some of my sexy musicians are. God, do I have any sexy musicians? I think Dave Matthews is cute. I'll agree with those who are drooling over Harry Connick Jr.

Ummm... Frank Sinatra. Though he's dead. Michael Buble.

I'm actually so out of touch with music now, thanks to satellite radio.

Anonymous said...

Melina, I'm going to disagree with a few too many of these.. but how did I know Joey Fatone would be on here? Haha, and Bret Michaels is diabetic like me..
Love, Your Amazing Sister

Unknown said...

Slash is soooooo fucking sexy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bon Jovi has the boyish, yummiest, sexiest smile eversince he was an adolescent. Even until he's aging now. With a great,loud, manly voice. Truly a legend! I love to die IN HIS ARMS tonight!!!