Monday, March 19, 2007

The strangest proposition I've ever had

So a friend of mine, who also I've "hooked" up with in the past, asked me the strangest favor this past weekend. I wasn't sure if I should share it, but then I thought, why the hell not, it's funny and everyone else that I've told was like that's odd, so I figured why not share it with the blog world and see what you think.

Now, a little background, M is an old friend who I've known for quite a long time, and we've on occasion in the past have been friends with benefits. We still joke around and send text and emails that are sexual in nature but it's all in fun. So M has bought a condo and gutted the condo and re-doing everything on his own. Yes he is quite handy. Well about a month ago we were emailing each other and he had said, that when the time comes he would need me to do a favor for him, but he didn't want to get into it now. So I was like, "sure whatever you need me to do". I'm thinking help him pick out linens or curtains for his new place once he is finished. NO that's not it.

On Saturday night, I sent out a text to some friends saying "Happy St. Patty's Day" M being one of those people, writes back, "Thanks, 2nite the Irish in me comes out" to which I reply, "Can that Irish come in me" (oh the scandal). So we text each other back and forth, silly little sexual inuendoes. Then I remembered the favor, so I ask, "Hey what's this favor you want?" He texts back, "Too long to write call me later."

I finish work around 11:30pm and call him up, he's out with friends, and I say, "okay what's this favor you want?" M replies, "you are going to laugh at me, but I'm serious." So now I'm really intrigued. M goes on to say, "as you know, I am fixing up my condo, and I'm pretty much finished with the bathroom, all I have to do is seal up the back wall, and then I'm done, but I realized I don't want to seal the wall until I make sure that nothing leaks from the bath tub, and I was thinking, crap who can I get to take a shower while I'm on the otherside of the wall making sure that nothing is leaking from the tub, and I thought of you." I start to laugh and say, "So let me get this right, you want me to take a shower while you are on the other side of the wall making sure that nothing is leaking, okay??? Can't you just have someone run the water and check to see if anything is leaking?" He says, "well I need someone in the shower moving around, like I would be if I was showering." I say, "You know M, if you want to see me naked, all you have to do is ask." He laughes, and says, "No serious I just want to make sure that there are no leaks before I seal up the wall." I think to myself, "yeah because every construction worker has their co-worker take a shower to make sure there are no leakes" {HEY Bubba, why don't you jump in there and shower for me while I make sure it don't leak. Says Hank the construction worker with the ass cleavage}.

Well, needless to say I agree, (sort of) and say, "well if you really need me to do this, I'll help, but there had better not be a camera behind that wall, and all of a sudden I'm on the internet, cuz you know I have a few more pounds to lose." M replies, "no, no seriously I really appreciate this, and I knew that you wouldn't think I was crazy." To which I reply, "Well, I do think you are but I'll still help."

We make plans to meet up, sometime the following week, and I will go over there, and (wear a bathing suit, or just move the shower head around and make sure nothing leaks). I think M is just overthinking this just a bit, and is more worried then he needs to be, but I get his concern, so if I can help I will. But honestly the was the strangest proposition I've ever had, and I've had some weird ones.

1 Comment:

Girlie Monkey said...

Too funny! This is a really strange proposition indeed ;-)I would have asked him what was in it for me...