Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Picture Day: The Girls on New Year's Eve 1999


Today's picture (though not the best quality, taken w/disposable camera) is my friend Alyssa, Melissa and myself at a New Year's Eve party in CT at this guy Donnie's house that Melissa and I met when we went on a cruise the November before.

That was a great cruise it was to celebrate my finishing of all treatment for cancer. WOO HOO!! There were three of us that went, Adrianna, Melissa & myself, the cruise went to Cozumel, Grand Caymon & Jamiaca, such a needed vacation after the year I had had and to share it with close friends was perfect.

On that cruise we met a whole bunch of people, and one was this guy Donnie and his friends who lived in CT. We got to know them and realized that we didn't live to far from them and after the cruise I still talked to Donnie after the cruise, when it got close to New Years he told us he he was having this big formal New Year's Eve party to celebrate the new millenium and wanted us to come. Unfortunately Adrianna couldn't make it but Melissa & I could and then we invited Alyssa too.

Now what is funny about this story, is that Donnie gave me directions to his house (which seemed simple enough) he told me to go on this highway and then that one, turn here... one of those highways was 91 South (91S) well I wrote this all down but my S sort of looked more like a 5... needless to say we were looking for 915, and we stopped and asked and everyone kept saying 915 I don't know about any route or interstate called 915 (hey at least we asked men would've kept going until they hit NY or fell off the map all together). Anyway, about an hour into looking for 915 I look at my note with the directions and I say, "Oh crap!"

"What?" Melissa asks (she is driving)

"You are going to kill me." I say sort of trying not to laugh or cry.

"What???"

"Um, that isn't a 5 that is an S we need to look for 91 South."

"Uh Crap! I think that was back a ways." Melissa replies in a not so amused voice but still cool.

Alyssa is sitting in the back and she just starts to laugh. Oh did I forget to mention that we took my fathers van for the trip and it had no shocks that was one bouncy ride.

So I look to see where we were and looked on the map and realize we are about an hour off.

We turn around and call Donnie and he says no worries (we were getting there really early anyway and staying over).

We finally get to Donnie's house and park, get ready for the party and have a great time. It was a definite wild night, just ask Melissa. Alyssa, Melissa and I had a blast and he was a great host and threw an awesome party. It was a great way to ring in the new year, even if I did get us lost. Unfortunately after I moved to FL we lost touch (Donnie & I not the girls). But we have a great story to laugh about, actually when Melissa and I went to Six Flags we had to get on 91S and I say, "OMG that is the road we were supposed to get on when we went to Donnie's holy shit we were SOOO OFF!! " We went so far the wrong way that night we actually had to get on 91N.




1 Comment:

OhTheJoys said...

Where is the survivor story? (I need to go to the archives - clearly.)

Also, have you visited Why Mommy at Toddler Planet? She just got diagnosed...