Thursday, July 5, 2007

Friends, Family, and Fireworks

I don't know why but the last few days I just haven't felt like writing, I haven't felt inspired for some reason, and I don't feel like I have anything very amusing to talk about. So I took a break for a few days. Hope no one missed me. LOL.

But I'm back now, at least somewhat, unfortunately I just couldn't get a Thursday 13 done in time to post today, I promise to get a good one for next week, (any ideas, topics anyone anyone).

So today I think I'll write about my 4th of July it couldn't have been better. Melissa and I got to spend it together and I can't remember when the last time we spent it together, me being gone for the last 6 4th of July's and right before I left she was newely married so they spent the time together and the year before I was in the hospital. We had a great time, we met at her house after Ali and Maman left for Montreal we made some brownies to bring to my dad's house for the BBQ. We lounged around a bit and watched Eddie Izzard on BBC America while the brownies were baking. We decided that Friday I would come over we'd watch a whole bunch of movies and I'd spend the night, since Ali and Maman will be gone. Slumber party like when we were teenagers, though Margaritas will be involved this time.

Brownies are done, we stop by my house to get my mom's FAMOUS potato salad, it really is the best potato salad I have ever tasted. We head over to my dad's and we pull up and can already smell all the wonderful food. One thing is for sure about a BBQ at my dad's there is always good food, good drink and lots of Greek music. We eat, we drink, we laugh, we chat, we take a nap. My father had gone up to NH and bought a crap load of fireworks for the 4th and Oh my GAWD did he have a ton, I kept saying oh we are so going to have the cops here. Melissa the pyrotechnic tied all these firecrackers together and set them off, it was awesome. I'm sure the neighbors loved us yesterday. My father and uncle acted like they were 14 year old boys, hell my 14 year old brother was more calm then they were. It was great, he had all sorts of fireworks, big, small, loud, bright you name it he had them. I said to Melissa we are so going to be a darwin award.

My siblings were there, a few of my brothers friends were there. My brother Yianni left for a BBQ at his friends house so Melissa and I were in his room (he had more fireworks up there) and he had this horrible music playing on his computer so Melissa gets on to turn it off and starts going through his history on the computer, you know seeing what websites he was on. Well needless to say they were mostly typical 16 year old boy websites, if you get what I mean. It was funny, my other brother Vasilis was telling us that it was not right that we were "snooping" our reply, "hey if he doesn't want us to see he should delete his history."

My friend Gosia came by around 7 or so, to meet us so the 3 of us could go into town to see the city fireworks. We left my father's house and as we were driving away we saw the big fireworks that my father bought going off above in the sky. It was a perfect way to end our time there. We head into the city and meet Melissa's co-worker Tara who runs a building not far from where the festivities were being held and since none of us like crowds Melissa came up with the idea that the best place to watch the fireworks was on the roof of this building and she was correct. We had the best view (though I'm sure any view was spectacular) of the fireworks. It was an amazing show of lights and designs and color. Melissa and I were saying how far they have come since we were kids. I don't remember such a beautiful display of fireworks ever.

Well that's about it, not the best writing I've done but you get the idea, we had a great 4th and I hope everyone also had a safe, fun and relaxing time like we did.

0 Comments: