Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday Picture Day: Volleyball anyone?

Today's Friday Picture Day comes from the restaurant I work at part time. Every Thursday night a group of volleyball players come in after their game to unwind, have some food, drink and just hang out. They are a great bunch of guys and gals. Over the last few months I've gotten to know them pretty well, and this past Thursday I sat with them for most of the night. I know isn't the hostess supposed to be standing up front? Well, I was being hospitable yeah yeah that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.


The picture is a bit dark because my work is dark but from left going clockwise, Doug, King, Jane, Mike & Jim.



The group can be from 5 players up to 10-12 players, it is always a good thing to see them, they are nice, fun and from what I hear they tip well too (and I know a few of you in this picture are probably reading this, so yeah that's a good thing HAHA!!).

Ronnie one of the waitresses that usually closes on Thursday nights takes this group, she knows that they are going to be there for the long haul so usually the closer gets them, and if it was a slow night, Ronnie knows that at least she has the "regular volleyball team" come in.

We also have a promotional gimmick on Thursday nights called Coin Toss Appetizer, what that means is if you order an appetizer with your meal, I come over flip a coin the customer calls it (in the air) and if he/she gets it the appetizer is free. Well every week, the Volleyball team gets an appetizer and I swear they are jinxed cuz they hardly ever get it, I feel bad cuz I really want them to win but I'm also honest (see Teresa if you are reading this, I am honest). One of these weeks they will get it.

So last night we were sitting around the table and chatting and I found out some really interesting things about these folks, but I won't put it all out there for EVERYONE to read, but I will say that they are all very smart individuals, one is learning to be a pilot, one is looking for a girlfriend, one is a coach, one has been married for 26 years and one well didn't say much about themselves, I'll have to get more information about this one person, I'm intrigued now.

It's funny when you tell people about your blog, after you explain what a "blog" is and why you write it the very next question is, "Have you wrote about me?"

I always think that one is funny and I usually say, "no, not yet"

"Well why not?" they will ask.

"Um I don't know, I don't really write about work and I don't want anyone to feel weird about it."

Last night that was sort of a conversation topic so I said, "Okay I'm writing about you and I'm even going to take a picture." So here you are guys your very own post about the Volleyball team that comes into my restaurant every Thursday night. Thanks for being such a fun bunch of people and I enjoy when you come in, maybe next week you'll finally get that appetizer ((wink wink)).

Thursday is my long day, I leave my house by 8am and don't get home until almost midnight, so it is always a good thing to have something to look forward to and these customers are a favorite for not just me but the rest of the staff too. Last night Ronnie was on vacation so Erik had the table first but when he was cut they cashed out and Jenn picked it up. This was Jenn's last night so the group were trying to get her to sit and relax a bit, they even offered her a beer, but Jenn said no, I reply to that, "what are they going to do fire you? HAHA" but she wasn't going for that either (btw I didn't drink it wasn't my last day so I had to play by the rules). It was a good night and it made the night go by fast, last time I had looked it was about 9:30 next thing I know Michelle is coming over to tell me to lock the door we do that at 11:15pm, wow time really does fly when you have fun.

One of things that amused me was that Mike kept asking me what kind of guy do I like, I'm thinking he's trying to fix me up, well my type is definitely the Mediterranean look, I like my guys stocky, strong arms (not muscle crazy arms) nice butt, I don't mind a little belly I like my men with meat who wants a man skinnier then them. I love facial hair goatee or some sort of stubble, I like a man that is a manly man, I don't normally go for white collar I like a man that works with his hands, I think it is weird when a guy has softer hands then me. I want someone that can laugh at themselves and have a good time but is also someone who knows when to be serious. So Mike if you know someone like that let me know.

I hope they liked this post and if any of you (volleyballers) are reading this you better leave me a comment. See you next Thursday!

2 Comments:

Lisa said...

That is so cool that you've got customers you love and have befriended. How fun.

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to checking out your blog. Pretty cool stuff. Keep it up.

Jim