Friday, August 17, 2007

This is so depressing



Do you see that? This picture was taken yesterday from a window in my office. I know not the clearest but I've marked where you should look.

WHAT THE HELL!!!! It's AUGUST people fall does NOT start until September 23rd, why is that tree starting to change color ALREADY!!!

If I hear one more person tell me how happy they are that fall/autumn is around the corner I think I might just slap them silly (just kidding, well sort of). I know I know, "but Melina it is so pretty when the leaves change." WHATEVER!!!!!

I get very moody during the cold, dark times, again I know what you are thinking, "and you live in New England???" I get that, well the only answer I can give you, is that I love this city, enough to deal with the COLD, MISERABLE, LONG winters. That being said, can't I at least have one more month of SUMMER!!! Please???

I am not ready to give up on long days, and sun light, I am not ready for winter coats and wool hats. I want it to stay light out until 9pm and not be dark when I leave for work and then when I go home. I want to be able to wear sandals, and long flowy skirts, not boots and sweaters. ((BIG SIGH))!!! I want to be a snowbird, yes I do, I want to live 6 months up here and 6 months down south. Anyone know of a way for me to do that, and still be able to work?? Anyone, anyone.

I love this city and every spring I fall in love with it all over again, but come fall/winter, I hate it. Why do you torture me so much?

By the way, come check out this post on our other website devoted to all things New England. Melissa and I are trying to get other people from New England to join our new community so we can get to know other people from the area. It is in the very beginning stages and is a work in progress, but please feel free to drop by and say hi.

1 Comment:

Cairde said...

I completely agree with you about the winter. I hate the cold, my body nearly goes into shock. As soon as we set the clocks back, I get so sad.