Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Can we talk about something else now

I never realized that my post from yesterday could attract so much attention. I just have a small blog that I write for myself for friends and family and for those that are not near me so they can keep up with my day to day (it's really not that exciting). I went to Blogher to meet some of my favorite bloggers, to meet new bloggers and to learn more about the blogging world.

When I wrote the post I was just trying to stick up for my friends who felt snubbed and left out, because I would never want anyone to feel like that. I wasn't trying to call anyone out or make anyone feel bad. I was writing on my emotions right at that moment it's called venting and I thought this was the right place to do it. I try not to censor myself too much but that can backfire on me. I appreciate all the comments good or bad

I'm over it now, it's all good, let's talk about something more fun shall we?

Even though it is Wednesday already and I still haven't gotten my blogroll post up yet (I'm working on it I swear), can I tell you how awesome this past weekend was.

On Friday I had dinner with Aislynn, saw my friend Jeff from Florida who was up here for his yearly check up (we both had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma), we had a nice visit even if I was really really late.

On Saturday, we had some friends over for a barbeque, it was really great to see them, Mike, Lauri, Michael Jr & Gino are the sweetest family ever, we had great food, great company and I made some killer margaritas.

Once Gosia got off of work she came over had some food and then we went into town and met up with Alyssa and went out dancing.

We started at Alyssa's restaurant, we waited for her to finish up her shift, from there we went to Sanctuary had a couple of drinks (Gosia didn't drink cuz she was driving). The music was okay there, mostly hip hop which is fine, but I was in the mood for more dance music, house and trance. So we left Sanctuary and Alyssa called her friend to find out what is good (it has been 7-8 years since I was in the Boston club scene) she told us of a place called Underground, by now it is almost midnight and Gosia has to go to work in the morning, so she opts not to come with us. We feel bad, but Gosia is okay with us still partying without her, we hop into a cab and head over to Underground. We get there and there is a LONG line and I say to Alyssa, "I don't care about paying cover, but I am NOT waiting in that line."

She asks, "what are you going to do?"

"Watch." I reply

I go up to the bouncer and sweet talk him a little bit and he lets us right in. Alyssa laughes and says, "You still got it."

We go in, and unfortunately we have to pay cover but give me a few weeks I'll get it so we don't have to pay cover either.

We get in, order a drink and head over to the dance area, this is my kind of place, older crowd, great music, international people. We had a blast we danced for the rest of the night.

I thought about Kristie cuz we were supposed to go dancing together in Chicago but we didn't get a chance to go and how I wished that she was there with us. We left the club and saw a couple of my old friends from long long ago. We caught up with them for a bit said goodbye and then headed home (via taxi of course). I didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning I felt like I was 22 years old again, until I woke up on Sunday and said, "UHHH I'm so NOT 22 anymore!"

It was a great weekend and a great time.

NOTE: Okay so I re-read my post and it's not my best work, but I wanted to get it done, promise to have better writing for you. Oh crap I just remembered tomorrow is Thursday Thirteen think quick what should I write about?

3 Comments:

Slackermommy said...

Thanks honey for having me dancing with you in spirit. My boogie shoes are still collecting dust!

Jazz said...

Oh yeah, baby! I can vouch that you've still got it. I saw that action with the cute concierge from the W!

Lisa said...

You evening sounds like a blast.

Of course you've "still got it" lady. You never lost it. :-)