Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I didn't know

I have been reading a lot of posts lately about how some bloggers felt that they were snubbed or felt left out because of how some of the more "popular" bloggers treated us. First and foremost those people can SUCK IT!!!

I did notice on Thursday nights get together upstairs at the W there were a few people that couldn't be bothered with me, but you know what I had such a great time with the people that I did meet, I said FUCK IT who are you to snub me, I'm a nice person and if you are too much of an asshole to meet new and interesting people then I have no desire to meet you either, and you can bet that if I read your blog I'm not reading it anymore.

In a weird way I'm kind of glad that I got sick and missed out on all most of that bullshit highschool crap. I was never the popular girl and I probably never will be. But you know what I met some great ladies at the conference and even though I haven't had a chance to a) say hi to everyone I met b) update my post lately c) reply to some of them I just want you all to know that I think of you daily and that I am so glad I met you.

Please do not take me not responding or leaving a comment as a snub on my part. The only excuse I have is that I've been so busy with my two jobs that every time I sit down to write I either get interrupted or fall asleep I have no idea how you mommy bloggers do it all, you'll have to tell me your secrets.

I swear I have been trying since I got back from Blogher to just get my blogroll updated and to write a post with all the business cards I got and to list all of the blogs, websites and everything and anything I got.

Let's see if today I can finally get all these drafts posted.

But my new friends from the conference you know who you are and you know that you are in my heart. You made my first experience at Blogher a memorable one and I hope that we get to see/talk to each other again. If I forgot to add you here I will add you to my blogroll post, I don't want anyone to ever feel left out.

11 Comments:

Lisa said...

Slackermommy and I talked of this alot while there and even after. She's got a story on this... You'd have to e-mail her for it.

Like you, I'm sort of glad I missed out on a full day. Maybe us eating bad eggs wasn't such a bad thing afterall.

(Ok. It still did suck being sick... But you know what I mean...)

Slackermommy said...

Unforyunately high school shit is going to happen whenever you get a bunch of women together. Women can be real bitches!

I loved, loved meeting you, girl. Those who didn't give you the time of day are missing out but that's okay. More of you for me.

Anonymous said...

I am not a blogger, but I will not read your blog just because of your childish behaviour and calling other's out the way you did.

These kind of posts will keep your numbers down.

Melina said...

WOW my first nasty comment I feel so special I'm in the club now HA HA!!!

Anonymous,

First I did not call anyone out, I just stated a fact on how I felt about some people at the conference. Overall I had a great experience. But if you feel that I am acting childish then don't read me.

What I was trying to say is that i was upset to hear about some of my new friends feeling that way.

Yes there were a few people that made me feel like I wasn't important enough to hang out with them, but I didn't care I don't need to be with people that are not welcoming, and I did not mention one of those bloggers by name.

Also I was saying is that the people I did meet and get to know were all so nice and am very grateful that I got to meet them and spend time with them and I hope they realize how special it was for me.

I guess that makes me childish to stick up for my friends, I would never EXCLUDE anyone and would hate for anyone to feel that way.

Lisa and Kristie,

It was so wonderful to meet you two as well. We had a blast even with rotten eggs (and I don't mean the kind we ate LOL).

Unknown said...

Amen, seeeester!

Her Bad Mother said...

I'm paranoid, so I gotta say that my immediate fear is that I might have been perceived as a snubber. Not because I self-identify as popular, but because I went into the conference knowing too many people. Which, dear god, I hope not (to be perceived as a snubber). I was so overwhelmed that I could hardly even see who I was talking to half the time. And why I retreated, sometimes, into corners with my close girlfirends, who I see too rarely. Not because I couldn't be bothered with other bloggers there, but because it was just TOO MUCH most of the time, and because I needed to make time for that before I bent myself six ways to Saturday with being everywhere at once.

I hate that anyone felt badly, left out, whatever. I really do. But I think that it's unavoidable in those situations.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say that I never intentionally snubbed anyone. I was too busy being completely overwhelmed to snub someone intentionally. But I can see what you're saying, it did at times feel like there was a hierarchy. However, I'm horribly sensitive and spent most of the weekend stifling those feelings.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like some people just haven't gotten over their old high school insecurities - they are going to interpret "snubs" in everyday life rather than giving others the benefit of the doubt - tons of women to meet, crowded rooms, lots going on, not *everyone* can take the time hold your hand and let you know you're loved. I wish these complaining bloggers would get over it. I didn't go to BlogHer, and all of this whiiney crap makes me want to avoid it like the plague.

Jazz said...

Hey Babe,

I hope you're having a fantastic Wednesday!

I have to stick my neck out here and say I don't think that people who did not attend BlogHer can really understand the things that people are writing about. Yes, it was a lot of women (alomost 800), but that does not mean that everyone had the same experience.
Not right or wrong, just different experiences, that's all.

Anonymous said...

Hey gal!

I'm glad to have met you too. You are just the warmest, funniest, most confident woman I've ever met. I think most cancer survivors really have that, granted I've only met three but all three of you are really amazing women. It's the perspective!

I must confess tho I was very intimidated going to Blogher and walked around most of the time feeling a little lost and watching how some women just got on made me feel really alone. Having said that, one must accept that these women are most likely already friends through their blogs and otherwise, and if this is my second or third year going to Blogher, hell, I would have my own 'kakis' too, which is Malaysian slang that literally means 'feet', but really means 'good friends'.

While vet attendees don't actively seek out to include a newbie, they don't actively seek out to exclude them either.

For all social spazzes like myself, i say practice makes perfect. This isn't something to focus on or feel sorry for yourself over. Life's too short!

Anonymous said...

I totally remember meeting you on Thursday and you were a doll! I didn't know you got sick from the eggs, too. Lisa told me about it. No wonder she had yogurt and fruit when we ate breakfast!

I went to BlogHer last year only knowing people from blogs and not really sticking close to any one person but it was smaller and a bit more intimate and it was much easier, IMO, to get to know people. This year was, for lack of a better term, a whirlwind of faces and places and shuttles and schedules. While I did enjoy myself, it was a different vibe, for sure. I hope you still had fun :)