Thursday, March 8, 2007

How lucky and blessed am I?


This past summer I decided to move back to my home state, after 5 1/2 years gone. I missed my family, friends and the city. What I didn't miss was the cold and traffic. But I'm a little older and a little wiser, so I now try not to let those things bother me as much as it used to. I made a deal with myself, that I would only bitch about the weather during winter, and I made a stipulation with that as well. That I could only really bitch when it was below freezing. Overall this winter has been pretty mild and we've been very lucky. Only this past month has it been so cold that I've been swearing like you wouldn't believe. I can't wait for Spring/Summer (my favorite seasons).



Well, some of my friends from FL (which is where I lived last) have been asking for pictures of where I live now, because I have told them that I live on the water. Every window except the bathroom overlooks the water. I love this place even if it is only temporary (another story for another time). But I finally got myself a digital camera (yeah yeah I know its 2007 everyone has one right?)


I have to say that I am very lucky to live here, I feel blessed and so much appreciated for being able to stay here for a little while. Thank you (you know who you are).I have always loved the water, whether it be a lake, or the ocean. When I have gone to Greece one of my favorite things to do was sleep outside and hear the sea splash up against the beach. It is one of the most soothing sounds you can ever imagine. I think I sleep the best in Greece. Well, I am close enough to the beach now that if I keep my windows open in my room I can hear the surf splashing against the beach/rocks. Unfortunately right now it is too damn cold to keep the windows open, but it is still nice to wake up and see this view.


0 Comments: