Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Child of the 80s

Every so often I get an email about growing up in the 80s or 90s and the last one got me thinking about the things I had or did during the 80s. I thought I'd share some of those things. Some of you will totally relate, and some will say THANK GOD I didn't grow up in the 80s.

You know you grew up in the 80s if:

If you ever watched Fraggle Rock



or Alf


It was actually cool to get up early and watch cartoons.



You wore a ponytail on the side of your head (I swear I never did this).



Played MASH (or MASHO like I did), Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House or Outhouse



You know the profound meaning of Wax On Wax Off



You so wanted to be a Goonie.



You can remember cracking your knuckles and skull trying to master the Klick Klacks.



You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB" (okay so going to admit this, was the HUGEST fan, had posters all over my walls and ceilings).



So those are just a few of the things I remember from the 80s, some of these I can remember doing or having and some I just remember. So now it's your turn to tell me some of your favorite things from the 80s (or things that you remember).

Leave me your list in the comments or post your own.



2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, what about metal wheels on your roller skates / parachute pants / (OH) Aqua Net / Mork and Mindy / 21 Jumpstreet / Pitfall

Just a few I could think of right off the bat.

Misa Gracie said...

roflmao

we're old