Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's been a long week.

So, lot's of things and nothings really happened this week. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.

Let's see shall we start with the weather. Why not, on Wednesday it was nearly 70 but by Friday we were getting close to a foot of snow. Oh yeah, what a difference.


This is a picture of my road outside my house,


and this is a view of my kitchen window.

Driving home Friday night was interesting to say the least. Even though my main work let us out early, I had to work at the restaurant. We were pretty quiet, the only people that came were the plow guys. One of the plow guys Bill, who is a regular came in earlier in the night and we were talking, nice guy. Well, he came back later right when I was about to leave, and thank goodness that he did, because my car was pretty much plowed in the parking lot. I had gone out and started my car, and I had wiped all of the snow off of the car, but then realized oh crap, there is a lot of snow around my tires and behind my car. But I tried anyway, I got into the car, put it in reverse, and vrooom vroooom, it went NOWHERE!!! Crap!!! Then I remember, "oh Bill is here" So I went back inside, batted my eyes, and said, "Bill, you have a plow on your truck right?" (in that sigh...damsel in distress tone). "Why yes I do" replied Bill, "Would you mind helping me get my car out of the snow bank please?" I asked. Bill being the nice guy that he is, said, "Sure" We went out and he grabbed his shovel and very quickly shoveled my car out, and gave it a little push that it needed to get me going. So I told Bill, THANK YOU I owe you a couple of drinks next time you come in.

Normally I'm a pretty self-sufficient girl but Friday night I just didn't feel like shoveling my own car out of the snow bank, so I used the "girlie" card and got someone else to do it. I have to say I really do love being a girl. I know, damn that feminism and being independent crap right now, I was tired.

So then on Thursday I had my root canal, so much fun. I have to say that it actually wasn't too bad. My dentist was very gentle and I didn't even feel the needle for the Novocaine, and OMG he shot me like 8 times, I was numb for 4 hours. It only took about 45 minutes, but I have to go back in about a week for the 2nd part of the root canal, and I can't eat on my right side cuz holy shit does it hurt to bite down. But all in all, it could've been so much worse. I'll let you know what happens after the 2nd part.

On Saturday morning, I got myself a new haircut, finally. See about 1 1/2 years ago, my hair started to fall out because of my thyroid being all screwed up and some serious STRESS. Well, it has finally all grown back and is healthy so I finally got a really good haircut and some nice subtle highlights. (I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures)

I love the haircut and highlights.

So last but certainly not least, tomorrow (Sunday) I am going to see my father. I am very very nervous. It has been 9 months since we've seen each other about 8 months since we've spoken. Since my Papou passed away he has been calling me more. I haven't figured out if he is trying to manipulate the situation to try to get back in my life or if he has realized his own mortality and wants to actually have a healthy relationship with his kids again. I'm very skeptic and I'm a little nervous. I am going there tomorrow and I'm keeping my guard up. I will go into more detail about my relationship or lack of with my father. It's a long complicated story and I'm in too much of a good mood right now to talk about it. Hopefully things will go well tomorrow and hopefully we can have a normal day. We'll see.

I guess that's about it.

0 Comments: