Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: 13 shows I want to watch this upcoming season

This weeks TT comes to you because in the next couple of weeks the new fall season starts on most networks. There are a lot of shows to choose from some are old ones that I will keep watching and some are new ones I'm excited to see.

Here are the 13 shows I'm most excited to watch this fall season in no particalur order. Get your TIVO ready here we go.

1) Grey's Anatomy - Thursday 9pm on ABC Premiers Sept. 27th

Will Derek & Meredith work things out (doubtful) will he go for Merediths sister (probably which SUCKS). Poor George has to do his internship all over again and from what I hear under Meredith. Will Izzy & George be together (hope not) I like Callie and I think he should work it out with her, but then again he doesn't deserve her. Will Alex find Rebecca in time, all these questions and so many more can't wait to see what happens.

2) How I Met Your Mother - Monday 8pm on CBS Premiers Sept 24th

So Ted & Robin are officially broken up, but I think that's a good thing, it was too soon into the show for her to be the one. Hey does anyone realize that the older Ted (voice over guy) is actually Bob Saget, I think that is funny. Anyway, I'm excited to see Marshall & Lily's first year of marriage to see what kind of trouble Barney can cause, and who Ted and Robin will be dating this season.



3) Two and a Half Men - Monday 9pm on CBS Premiers Sept 24th

Charlie will he ever settle down, Alan will he ever get his own place & Jake he has the best one liners of them all. This sitcom makes me laugh out loud, there aren't that many anymore out there that can do that. I hope this show stays around for a long time.


4) Ugly Betty - Thursday 8pm on ABC Premiers Sept 27th

Poor Betty, Henry has left to be with who is pregnant with his baby, or is it really his. Amanda has just found out that her real mother was Fey Sommers but whose her daddy, could it be Bradford. Daniel and Alexis are in a world of trouble, Hilda has lost her man which really sucks because I like Santos, will Ignacio ever get back to the US and will Wilhelmina finally take over the magazine so many answers so many questions can't wait to see what happens. Oh, also I love that America Ferrera won Best Actress in a comedy at the Emmy's GO AMERICA!!

5) Big Shots - Thursday 10pm on ABC Premiers Sept 27th

The lines between boardroom and bedroom blur in Big Shots, the story of four friends who are at the top of their game... until the women in their lives enter the room. These competitive but dysfunctional New York CEOs take refuge in their friendship, discussing business, confiding secrets, seeking advice and supporting one another through life's twists and turns. This show sounds fun, a male version of Sex and the City Can't go wrong with the line up either, Michael Vartan, Christopher Titus, Joshua Malina & Dylan McDermott. YUMMY!!

6) Desperate Housewives - Sunday 9pm on ABC Premiers Sept 30th

We all know the Edie didn't die (bummer). I hope Susan & Mike finally have some normalcy but then again it is Wisteria Lane and there can never be normal. I hope Gabrielle and Carlos somehow get back together again, I like them together. Lynette has a rough battle ahead of her, I hope they acutally show it and not skip 4 months and she is recovered, her and Tom belong together and this will either make them closer or break them up. And what's this??? Dana Delany is the new neighbor, we'll have to see what she is up to.

7) NCIS - Tuesday 8pm on CBS Premiers Sept 25th

I really got into this show over this past summer, I would always watch it when Gilmore Girls was a repeat, but now that GG is gone ((tears)) my Tuesday night at 8pm is free to TIVO NCIS. I'm very excited to see where the gang goes, I love that Tony has finally met someone (Jeanne) I hope things work out for them, but if memory serves me correctly things might be rough for them. I love the stories and the action of this drama. This season should be an interesting one.

8) Private Practice - Wednesday 9pm on ABC Premiers Sept. 26th

Addison Forbes Montgomery is a renowned surgeon. Having left behind Seattle Grace Hospital, a broken marriage with Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd, and her torn relationship with Mark "McSteamy" Sloan, Addison moves to Los Angeles for sunnier weather and happier possibilities. This show has possibilities but it better show me that it is really good right from the start, because Wednesday night at 9pm there are two other shows that I'm interested in, so it could be a toss up (thank goodness that you can watch most shows online now). I like the character Addison on Grey's so lets see how she does in her own show.

9) Pushing Daisies - Wednesday 8pm on ABC - Premiers on Oct 3rd

Grown up Ned (Lee Pace) puts his talent to good use by touching dead fruit and making it ripe with everlasting flavor. He opens a pie shop. But his gift leaves him wary of becoming close to anyone, as beautiful waitress Olive Snook (Kristin Chenoweth) finds out. His life as a pie maker gets more complicated when private investigator Emerson Cod (Chi McBride) finds out about Ned's secret. Emerson convinces the cash-strapped Ned to help him solve murder cases (and collect the hefty reward fees) by raising the dead and getting them to name their killers.This show looks really interesting and original I am excited to see it, and everyone is talking good things about it. I like shows like this, lets hope it is as good as everyone makes it out to be.

10) House - Tuesday 9pm on Fox premiers Sept 25th

Will House be all alone, will the team Chase, Cameron & Foreman be back, did they really leave for good (I hope not). Will Cuddy and House finally get together? I love this show, I know most of the medical drama that is on here is so far fetched but its the same on Grey's I like the dark side of House and Hugh Laurie is a fabulous actor love the fact that he's English. I wonder with the real romance of Chase (Jesse Spencer) & Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) coming to an end, if the spark will still be there on screen. Can't wait to see what trouble and cases House has to deal with this season, can he do it all on his own we will see.

11) Law & Order SVU - Tuesday 10pm on NBC Premiers Sept. 25th

This is the first year that I will actually be able to watch each episode of Law & Order SVU, usually some other show was on and I would try to catch the replay on USA (speaking of USA have you seen the promos for Law & Order Criminal Intent, new episodes are on USA they are GREAT). SVU is my favorite of the Law & Order franchise I love all the characters and how they interact with each other. I love that they take stories right from the headlines and make them into individual shows (on all of the L&O programs). I hope this year doesn't disappoint and when is Christopher Meloni going to get his Emmy?

12) Samantha Who - Monday 9:30pm on ABC premiers Oct 15th.

What if you had the chance to start over, to do it all again? For Samantha Newly (Ms. Applegate), this fantasy becomes a reality after a hit-and-run accident leaves her in an eight-day coma. When she awakens in the hospital, she is surrounded by family and friends. The only problem is that she has no idea who they are or who she is. In medical terms, Sam has retrograde amnesia, which allows her to fully function in the world but leaves her with no personal memories. Most people would deem this disorder a curse. But Sam may come to call it a miracle. I really like Christina Applegate and this looks like a cute sitcom I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

13) Life Wednesday 10pm on NBC premiers Sept 26th

Life is a new drama about a detective who is given a second chance. Damian Lewis ("Band of Brothers") stars as complex, offbeat Detective Charlie Crews, who returns to the force after years in prison, thanks to close friend and attorney Constance Griffiths (Melissa Sagemiller, "Sleeper Cell"), after serving time for a crime he didn't commit. This looks like an interesting new drama, I will see how it goes.

Well that's just some of the shows I'm excited to see, I probably won't be watching most on the days that they air because I work a second job, but that is why I have TIVO skip the commercials and watch everything at once. Let's see if this seasons television shows are worth talking about at work the next day.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm out of touch with prime time. Thanks for sharing.

Misa Gracie said...

Only 13? hahaha. I'm trying to cut down on my TV time. I plan to watch Smallville and Supernatural this fall - and that's it. I'll DVR 'em and watch them when I can. I don't want to be so sedentary anymore - get up and get out, that's my plan!

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, sounds like some good shows...I'm looking forward to Pushing Daisies!

Sandee said...

I think I saw law and order once. The rest I haven't a clue. See what happens when you quit watching television? Have a great TT and enjoy the fall line-up. :)

Andi said...

Oh, don't know all of these series. We do follow Grey's Anatomy here, but I guess you're way ahead of us!
Happy TT and thanks for stopping by :-D

Anonymous said...

I don't watch any of those except Ugly Betty, which I love, and Desperates, which gets more and more irritating .

Country Dawn said...

I watched the premiere of House... I couldn't stop laughing!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, but I finally got around to watching Life, but it was last weeks premier. I think it's a keeper. I like the way Crews' sees everything through Zen. His partner isn't too bad on the eyes either.

Jim