Monday, July 30, 2007

WOW What a trip

What a great night Thursday night was, I met some great women, and great bloggers. We drank, we talked, we laughed, we pointed (oh my gosh that's so and so and I read her blog).

I accosted quite a few ladies with, "Oh my GOD I read your blog!!!!" Sorry about that, I just get all excited to finally meet some of my favorite bloggers. So far everyone has been really nice and didn't roll their eyes at me too much.

As the night started to end at the W some of us decided to head out for breakfast at the Tempo Cafe, it was a yummy breakfast and definitely needed, to help us sober up.

Friday morning I woke up and so did not feel well I figured it was the booze from the night before and once I eat (again) I would feel better. We head over to the Navy Pier and the Grand Ballroom, get our badges and our SWAG and sit down for breakfast. I ate a breakfast sandwich and started to feel better, but then all of a sudden I started to feel WORSE really worse, by 1:30 2pm I was just to nauseous I couldn't stay any longer at the conference. I headed back to my room, and went right to sleep. I awoke a few hours later when my roomies came back. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling any better, I had to skip the cocktail party, Melissa and Megan skipped it as well, but party girl Amber went.

On Saturday I woke up and thought maybe I would feel better, but NOPE!!! Amber joked that maybe I was pregnant, to which I replied NO WAY can't be that. I relaxed on Saturday tried venture out for a bit but pretty much stayed at the hotel. At least the room was a nice one with really comfy beds. So if you are going to get sick and stay in bed, the W is a good place to do it.

I got to say bye to some of the ladies I met and I wish I could've hung out more, but I promise to check out every single blog I was told about or given a business card. Sunday Megan and Amber left in the morning for their flights and Melissa and I went to the Un-Confernece which I have to say was quite fun, and I met even more cool ladies. I also learned a great deal about how to make my blog better and what it is like for other bloggers to write about personal relationships and personal stories, whether they censor themselves or just let it all hang out. Overall it wasn't a bad trip, just a few bumps in the road but I will definitely be back next year.

I will also write about and post all the cool pictures I have from the cocktail party and from the W. Thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcomed for a new blogger and a first time blogher attendee. I hope that we get to talk more and keep in touch, and if you are ever in this neck of the woods please look me up.

4 Comments:

Slackermommy said...

I take complete blame for your belly woes. Had we gone dancing rather than eating in some diner at 1am then you would not have gooten ill. I owe you a night of dancing, girl!

I'm so glad we met and bonded. You rock!

Anonymous said...

That SUCKS!!!! Next year for sure.

Lisa said...

I was sad to hear you got sick from that place but sort of relieved as well... Cause we were in the same boat. Poor slackermommy woke up at 6 a.m. to me upchucking those eggs I ordered. Blah. At least having breakfast with you was alot of fun tho.

It was SO WONDERFUL to meet you Melina. You have such an energy about you. I loved talking to you.

Peg said...

I am so sorry that you were under the weather, but I am sure that everyone loved meeting you. What a great experience! I hope I can go sometime.

Peg