Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Writers Block and so much more

I can't believe it is 2 1/2 weeks until Blogher and I'm frigging' having writers block, what's up with that. I tell you this last week or so, I just can't think of anything to write, nothing good at least. I have started posts and then deleted, I've started typing and then erased. Seriously what the hell. This should be the time for me to explode as we get closer and closer to Chicago (wow that sounded a bit dirty) "explode as we get closer" hmmmm maybe that's my problem I need to hee hee "explode"
No seriously there have been some fun things that have happened, some new adventures, some I can talk about and unfortunately two I can't at least not right now. One I really really want to share but this isn't the right place for it, and the other is new and exciting but again can't share it yet. It's frustrating to me because I want to let the whole world know but then sometimes you realize it's best to keep your mouth shut and let me tell you that is not easy for me. I love to share, hell I talk way to much and sometimes (most of the time) just don't know when to just STOP!!!

But I can tell you about this past weekend, Melissa and I had a slumber party like when we were teens, it was a lot of fun, we watched movies, we talked, we giggled and we ate. Oh did we eat!! It was great fun, we meant to get up the next morning and go car hunting for Melissa but we were both being lazy bums, so we relaxed for a bit and finally got up and went to the mall. Now if you know me at all, I hate the mall, but I figured why not I need some new shoes. One thing I don't mind doing is buying shoes, hate to shop but shoe shop oh the love I have for shoes, someday I will get my Manolo Blahnik yes I will. So we head over to the mall, but before we get there, we realize we are hungry and stop at this BBQ place for lunch. OMG the food was soooo good, we had St. Louis style ribs and I had the combo with pulled pork. Yummy!! We finally get to the mall and we decide to get mani's and pedi's I tell you these little Asian women sure know how to UP SELL, we ended up getting the deluxe package which included a foot scrub and foot mask sort of thing that made my feet tingle. It was great, so needed too, my toes were looking pretty bad, and if I'm going to be wearing some cute sandals don't need my toes looking all jacked up. GROSS!!!

Pedicure is finished and she brings me over for my manicure, she tries to sell me tips but I don't like fake nails I used to wear them when I was younger but I can't type with them, and I have a hard time doing stuff, I love how they look just can't deal with them on me. (Though on a side note, how do some women who have those REALLY long acrylics do anything, I barely can pick up anything with short ones let alone 3 inch long nails). So the manicurist asks me "would you like fan?"

"Fan?" I ask,

"Yes, fan make your nails look longer and natural." she replies

"How much more is it?"

"Only $5.00 dollar more, you look good with fan."

"Okay sure, why not." I say having absolutely no idea what she is talking about.

She starts the manicure and I love that feeling, my nails were looking pretty ragged, I so need to do this more often. Well she then starts to paint my nails in a french manicure style and I say to myself OH french not fan. (laughing inside at myself not her).

I swear if she had at least said, flanch or flinch I would've gotten it, but no clue with fan. I have to say they came out really pretty, and my toes too. I haven't bitten my nails since either, if I have nail polish on and get a manicure I usually don't bite them, but when they are all ragged and I'm stressed yup I bite.

Oh I also got my eyebrows waxed, I've been pretty lucky in that aspect of my life, I don't have the "GREEK" hair, I got the Finnish hair, blond and thin body hair so I don't have to shave my legs every day (I know you all hate me now) and I don't get the uni brow. But they did need some shaping and it will probably last me a good 2 months. So needless to say what first started out as a $34.00 mani & pedi turned into a $61.00 beauty overhaul (not including the tip). Up sell Up sell I tell ya.

So after we get our fingers and toes remade to look all presentable again, we head over to Payless Shoes, they had the buy one get one half off sale on everything in the store. Woo hoo. I saw the cutest pair of sandals for only $12.00 and then I saw another pair for $9.00 which means I only paid $4.50 for the second, and as I was about to check out I see they had some really cute belts $7.99 each, so the second was only $3.99 that means for $28.00 I got 2 belts and 2 pairs of sandals can't beat that I tell ya. Melissa got 4 pairs of sandals (one pair like mine too cute to pass up) and she also bought some t-shirts and shorts over at Lane Bryant. I wanted to get some new clothes but right now money is tight (plus my mom keeps buying me these cute little outfits she keeps finding on sale so thanks MOM you know my style). I know "yo mama buys your clothes does she dress you too?" Hey hey now she knows what I like and she finds the cutest clothes so you know what I'm happy to have her buy me clothes, I hate to shop and I hate to look for the bargains I get bored. So thanks Mom you the best!

After shopping we decide to go see a movie we head over to the theatre and decide to see Transformers, I know so many people think "CHEESY" but let me tell you best freakin' movie EVER!!! Okay maybe not ever but it was awesome, Melissa and I remember watching and playing with Transformers, she had a little crush on Optimus Prime I always liked Bumble Bee. The movie itself was fantastic, it had action, comedy, thrills and chills. The whole audience was laughing and you could hear the excitement in the air. Overall a definite movie to bring your sons to, they will love it. I love action movies especially when they throw in comedy, the special effects were amazing, most of the time you couldn't tell it was computer generated, like some movies it is so obvious but not with Transformers.

I guess I've finally beaten my writers block (at least for right now). I'm already stressing about what to write next and oh crap I need a good topic for Thursday Thirteen any suggestions? What to do, I know I'm not a great writer but I hope I keep you entertained even if it to laugh at me and not with me as I've said before as long as you are laughing it is all good.

2 Comments:

Cairde said...

I am glad you beat your writer's block. I always enjoy your posts, no matter what you are writing about.

Peg said...

I always enjoy your posts too. You never fail to make me smile!
I am excited for you to go to Chicago. I know it's going to be so great!