Monday, April 16, 2007

Marathon Monday

UPDATE: Fulvio has finished the race and he did DAMN GOOD. See below for his stats.

Today is the Boston Marathon and I have a very special bond to this marathon. I have someone running for the lymphoma/leukemia fund and he is running in my name (and others as well who have either won or lost the battle with these 2 diseases).

His name is Fulvio #20867 and if you want to see how he is doing, you can track him at the Boston Athletic Association's website. You just have to enter in Fulvio's number and you can see how he's doing.

Fulvio ran this marathon last year as well, and it brought tears to my eyes, to think that there are people out there that care so much for me. Fulvio works with my mother and he is an amazing guy. I thank you so much for doing this again this year Fulvio and I wish I could be there at the finish line to give you a GREAT BIG HUG!!!
You are an inspiration and I wish you good luck today, because I know how hard it is to run on a clear day and today the weather is BAD, rain, wind and cold. Please be careful.

Thanks again!

#20867, Fulvio 48M,

STATS:


5k - 0:25:35
10k - 0:50:02
15k - 1:14:25
20k - 1:39:07
Half - 1:44:26
25k - 2:03:40
30k - 2:30:17
35k - 2:57:49
40k - 3:24:41

Pace - 0:08:17
Official Time - 3:36:51

RANK

Overall: 7191
Gender: 5786
Division: 2275

Not bad at all I have to say, considering the weather he did FANTASTIC. Thanks again Fulvio you are the best, I appreciate you doing this for me and for others who have battled lymphoma or leukemia. Maybe someday we can eliminate Cancer all together, with people like you and others who give up so much of their own time and for the people who sponser and donate. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US.

0 Comments: