Monday, February 5, 2007

Is there anybody out there?

Well I did it, I finally started my own blog, it is in the early stages so as I figure things out, I'm sure it will get better, (I hope). I am just excited to start writing about my life, past, present and future. I have always written in journals and now I am going to share with you the things that are happening in my life. The reason I started this blog is because I have started a new chapter in my life and wanted to share it with you, my friends, my family and anyone else that wants to share in my experiences, opinions (whether you agree or disagree I like a good debate) and my stories.

I guess I should tell you a little about myself, other then what is in my profile (which I will get to). Well, as my profile does mention I am 32, I am half Greek & half Finnish, both of my parents were not born in the US, so that makes me a 1st generation American. And also makes for an interesting upbringing in some ways. I am a cancer survivor almost 8 years now. I had non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and it was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through, but it made me realize that I am a strong person that can pretty much take anything and figure it out. Of course I could not have beaten it, if it wasn't for my friends and family that were absolutely amazing and a key factor in my recovery. I have 3 amazing siblings that are quite a few years younger then me and I feel like I'm not just their sister but also another parent.

I love to listen to music (thank God for my MP3 Player), watch movies (Netflix rocks) watch TV (I have to admit I'm a TV junkie TIVO the best invention ever), read (I like non-fiction the best) talk (not exactly shy over here), write (hey that's why I'm here), and so much more. You will get to know me and come to realize that even though I can be sometimes way over-dramatic, I have a big and kind heart and am always trying to keep two feet on the ground. I may be loud and sometimes a bit crude but it's all in fun and it is harmless. I would never try to hurt someone intentionally but I will be the first to stick up for the little guy because there have been so many people that have stuck up for me.

Welcome to my blog, my life and my journey. I hope you enjoy the trip, because I guarantee that it will be a bumpy, thrilling roller coaster of a ride. Please deposit your ticket, grab a seat, buckle up and away we go.

3 Comments:

Misa Gracie said...

Congratu-freakin-lations! Welcome to the 21st Century. How do you feel? Need to sit down? I know it's big step - but I'll help you out with the html and add-ons. After a short while, you'll be bloggin' with the best of 'em.

If you want to come over on Sunday and bring your laptop we can shine things up real pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love it, sooo true :)

Unknown said...

WElcome to the blogosphere!