Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Echo Echo Echo

So, as I mentioned I am a cancer survivor and today I had to go and do a rest echo & a stress echo. I was very nervous today about these two tests. Normally my annual testing doesn't really bother me anymore. I don't worry about my cancer coming back like I used to. I don't worry about my lungs, my thyroid or hormonal problems, but when it comes to my heart I get nervous.

This last year has been a very crazy year. I have gone from a very hard, stressful life, to a good, fun, looking at the glass half full life. I am happy to say that I feel better about myself, and my health is better then it has been in a long time. But that doesn't mean I still don't freak out a bit (okay A LOT!!! I did mention I'm over-dramatic) about this test. So last night needless to say I did not get much sleep, my mind was not really at the things I needed to get done at work. I got most of everything done, but of course forgot to email the one document I needed to do before I left (sorry JM).

But now the echoes are done, and I feel better about doing them. The stress one was a new one and it is just like they show on TV, I was hooked up to a monitor and they made me get on a treadmill (Do they not know I hate to exercise) it was easy at first, slow speed, not too bad of incline but by the 3rd level I was completely out of breath. Not because of the speed but the incline was high, I felt like I was climbing a big hill, and unfortunately my lungs just can't hold that (I only have one that really works well for those that don't know). So I did the best I could and the techs said that they got what they needed, and then I did my rest echo, much easier.

I should get the results in a couple of days. I'm not as nervous now that it's over, I still worry that from my poor eating habits, the stress in my life and the possible side affects caused from chemo and radiation can do to my heart. So far 8 years later, its taken a lickin' but it keeps on tickin' and I am not limited with anything that I do. Next up, a breathing test, a mammogram (so looking forward to getting my boobs squished and turned) and a few other things. But it's all good, because I'd rather have to do my annuals then not because I didn't make it to my next birthday. TAKE THAT CANCER! 8 years and still counting. I will tell you more about my cancer and how, when and what I did when I was diagnosed and the treatments I went through.

0 Comments: