Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dazed & Confused and not the good kind like in the movie

I have a 2nd job as a hostess at a family style restaurant a few nights a week to make extra money. I've only been working there a couple of weeks and so far it's been pretty good. Got my first paycheck last night and was happy with how much I should be bring home each week.

Anyway, one of my side jobs that I have is to wipe down the high chairs and booster seats. Well the booster seats are kept above where customers can hang their coats. So not realizing how slippery those damn booster seats are, I wipe them down and try to stack 2 at a time back up. (Can you see where this is going?). So, I turn my head for just a second to say something to a co-worker and all of a sudden POP, one of the damn booster seats falls right on my nose.

I swear I saw stars, thought Sylvester was chasing Tweety above me, my eyes started to water and I actually couldn't see for a second, my co-worker K was standing there and our manager A just came out of the bathroom and both were like "Are you okay, do you want to go in the bathroom?" I say, "I can't exactly move right now, it fucking hurts." I know that they were both concerned but I also know they wanted to laugh, so to beat them to the punch (no pun intended) I start to laugh. I check myself out in the bathroom once I get my bearings back and see that I have a small cut and already the bridge of my nose has a small bump and is turning black and blue. Luckily, I didn't break or chip my new glasses and that I have a good enough sense of myself to just laugh about it and make it into a joke. So everyone was asking what happened and I showed them. I tell K "Thank you for not laughing right there" and she replies "Oh I did but later" (in that fun kidding tone). "Hey it's okay to laugh, I know it was funny."

My other manager P got me some ice (could the bag be any bigger my nose isn't that big), and I say, "well, I've officially been initiated" HA HA!!!

I got my food, went home and had me some drinks. Today, it's sore but not too bad of a bump or black and blue, and my glasses pretty much cover it. So hopefully by Monday there won't be much left of it, and I refuse to wipe those booster seats again.

2 Comments:

Misa Gracie said...

Look anything like this?

I feel for you - one of the girls in my office turned and hit a wall, not realizing how close she was to it. Cut her nose and all too. It hurts. But it makes for a good story - like the bullet holes. If you're not careful you're going to look like a road house bouncer.

Girlie Monkey said...

Oh Melina,
I feel for you too! I've been hit in the nose by a basketball before and it was not fun. I definitely saw stars and lots of them! Hope you are recovering nicely. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't even realize how many people read my pointless ramblings!